Training Courses

Learning to fly is a fun and exciting process. For those who have always dreamed of flight and others for whom learning to fly is a more recent interest, you will find it both a realistic goal and one of the most rewarding challenges of your life. It doesn’t need to be difficult; in fact, there are only a few simple steps you need to take and we’ll help you through the process. Take it just one step at a time and before you know it, you’ll be a FAA Licensed Pilot.

After you earn your Private Pilot License, you can continue to learn and grow as a pilot, as far as you desire. At FCA Flight Center, we routinely train people in a number of advanced licenses. Whether you want to fly in the clouds, learn about getting paid to fly with a commercial license, we can help get you there.

Ready to Get Started? Book your Discovery Flight Today!

Learn more about the Private Pilot License

This license allows you to fly with friends or family in the clouds. Suppose you want to fly to Nantucket for the day. If there is a thin cloud layer at 1,000 feet, you won't be going because it is neither safe nor legal. However, if you have your instrument license, you can take-off, climb through the layer in a couple of minutes, and cruise to your destination in the clear blue sky above the clouds. Once there, you will have the ability to perform an "instrument approach" where you descend through the clouds by reference to your instruments. Ultimately, you will pop out of the clouds with the runway straight ahead of you and land. The Instrument Rating requires the following: the Private Pilot License; 50 hours as pilot-in-command cross country, 40 hours actual or simulated instrument instruction; a written exam and a practical test.

Learn more about the Instrument Rating

The CPL allows you to be paid to be a pilot. Some jobs include flight instructing, towing banners, spotting fish, crop dusting, and flying sight-seeing flights. The purpose of the CPL is to increase your proficiency in performing more complex maneuvers, gaining experience navigating greater distances, and learning the regulations that govern commercial flight operations. The CPL requires an instrument rating and 250 hours' total time at a Part 61 school.

Learn more about the Commercial Pilot License


These are three separate certificates allowing instruction at the indicated level. You will be able to teach others to fly. For nearly all pilots, this is the principal way to build flight time and experience necessary to get to the airlines. The CFI requires a CPL, the CFI-I an Instrument Rating. Each certificate requires both a written and flight test in a complex aircraft.

Learn more about becoming a Flight Instructor